The C.Scope Cable Avoidance Tool is the classic, industry standard Locator to use to determine the exact location of buried pipes and cables immediately prior to any form of excavation work taking place.
Hitting and damaging buried services when excavating is costly and potentially very dangerous. The C.Scope Cable Avoidance Tool is the ideal ‘pick-up-and-go' Locator, to use to locate buried pipes and cables, quickly and reliably, time after time. Better by design, the C.Scope Cable Avoidance Tool is a rugged tool, easily able to withstand the rigours of life on construction and civil engineering sites and for utility maintenance work.
When combined with a C.Scope SGA or SGV Signal Generator and accessories, the Cable Avoidance Tool becomes a versatile, all round pipe and cable locating and tracing package. Robustly made and equipped with LCD meter, detachable loudspeaker and easy-to-operate fingertip controls the C.Scope Cable Avoidance Tool is the ideal Locator for all levels of staff who need to be able to detect buried services quickly and with confidence.
The C.Scope Cable Avoidance Tool has three classic detection modes each with their own unique advantages:
The POWER mode is the quickest way to detect most buried electricity cables by detecting the signal created by the electrical current itself.
The RADIO mode detects re-radiated "radio" type signals that are often present on metal pipes and cables allowing their position to be determined using just the Cable Avoidance Tool alone.
The GENERATOR mode is used to detect the signal applied to a metal pipe or cable by a C.Scope SGA or SGV Signal Generator. In addition the Generator mode can be used to detect the signal being transmitted by a C.Scope Sonde for non-metallic pipe tracing.
Combined visual response AND clear audible response
- Visual response provides the following:
- - Battery condition indicator
- - Signal strength
- - Mode selected
- Digital display as well as the conventional audible response
- Superior ‘natural’ audible response rather than a digitally reproduced version.
- Excellent signal to interference ratio leaving a clear, crisp signal response
- Provision for spare battery storage within the Cable Avoidance Tool
- Retractable loudspeaker that you can replace if it is damaged without the need to get the unit recalibrated
- Fully weatherproof design to IP65