The C.Scope Cable Avoidance Tool XD is the depth measuring version of our classic, industry standard Cable Avoidance Tool and is the ideal Locator to use to determine the exact location AND DEPTH of buried pipes and cables.
Like our Cable Avoidance Tool; the ‘XD' is quick, easy to operate and easily able to cope with the rigours of life on construction and utility maintenance sites. It is still a simple to use, ‘pick-up-and-go' Locator, suitable for all levels of staff and will provide valuable information about the position of buried pipes and cables, reliably and quickly, time after time.
When combined with a C.Scope SGA or SGV Signal Generator and accessories, the Cable Avoidance Tool XD becomes a versatile, all round pipe and cable locating, tracing and depth measuring package. Robustly made and equipped with LCD meter, detachable loudspeaker and easy-to-operate fingertip controls and simple push button depth measurement, the C.Scope Cable Avoidance Tool XD is the ideal Locator for those wanting to detect buried services quickly and with confidence.
The C.Scope Cable Avoidance Tool XD has three classic detection modes each with their own unique advantages:
The POWER mode is the quickest way to detect most buried electricity cables by detecting the signal created by the electrical current itself.
The RADIO mode detects re-radiated "radio" type signals that are often present on metal pipes and cables allowing their position to be determined using just the Cable Avoidance Tool alone.
The GENERATOR mode is used to detect the signal applied to a metal pipe or cable by a C.Scope SGA or SGV Signal Generator. In addition, the Generator mode can be used to detect the signal being transmitted by a C.Scope Sonde for non-metallic pipe tracing. In both instances the depth of the service will be displayed simply at the press of a button.
- Push button depth measurement
- Digital display as well as the conventional audible response
- Continuous display of battery condition
- Continuous display of signal strength
- Continuous display of the operating mode and frequency
- Superior ‘natural’ audible response rather than a digitally reproduced version
- Excellent signal to interference ratio leaving a clear, crisp signal response
- Provision for spare battery storage within the Cable Avoidance Tool
- Retractable loudspeaker that you can replace if it is damaged without the need to get the unit recalibrated
- Fully weatherproof design to IP65