To assist in further reducing cable strikes and personal injury, C.Scope have introduced a range of Data Logging Digital Cable Avoidance Tools based on the CXL, DXL and MXL range of digital products.
The new models have built in Data Logging - which record exactly what the operator is doing without any change to daily working practices. The stored data can then be retrieved for review.
In the event of a Cable Strike, a key question that needs to be answered is; ‘Was the Cable Avoidance Tool actually used before the excavation work began?‘ And, if it was used ‘Was it used fully and correctly?‘
Operator Activity Records, stored for each second of use, can show that the Locator has been used and that it has been used correctly.
- Improve field-operative safety by identifying behavioural issues.
- No additional operator retraining required.
- Provide evidence of correct use after routine training courses.
- Allow specific training needs to be clearly identified with individual users.
- Compare Cable Avoidance Tool usage across the workforce.
- Establish duration and frequency of Cable Avoidance Tool use during daily work schedules.
- Provide confirmation of use of equipment in the event of a cable strike.
- Downloaded operator usage data can be reviewed as part of a Health & Safety investigation.
- Establish who was doing what, where, when and how.
- Improve on-line risk assessments and method statements.
- Dispute avoidance and resolution.
- Simultaneous measurement of underground utility information and above ground survey data with Survey/Mapping grade GPS receivers.
- Record accurate x, y and z position of underground cables and pipes.
- Open and easy integration of datalogging information into customers reporting tools.
DATA LOGGING OF OPERATOR ACTIVITY
C.Scope Data Logging Cable Avoidance Tools will LOG 80 hours worth of operator activity including:
- Cable Avoidance Tool model type
- Time/DATE Stamp
- User ID and Serial Number of asset
- Detection Mode (POWER - RADIO - GENERATOR/ TRANSMITTER - ALLSCAN Modes)
- Signal Strength
- Depth (GENERATOR/TRANSMITTER Mode only)
- Signal Generator/Transmitter Frequency
To transfer and analyse records from any of the Data Logging Locators use either C.Scope PC Toolkit or for mobile phone users, C.Scope Relay. For details about obtaining the free software that allows the transfer of the stored data records from the Data Logging Locator to either a PC or Android phone - Click Here.
THREE MODEL TYPES
- Data Logging is available on C.Scope‘s entire range of digital Cable Avoidance Tools in three new model types.
- CXL-DLB Cable Avoidance Tool
- DXL-DLB Cable Avoidance Tool with Depth
- MXL-DLB Multi-Frequency Locator
- All C.Scope Data Logging products are used in exactly the same way as the standard range of digital Cable Avoidance Tools so no extra training is needed.
- Fully compatible with SGA/SGV Signal Generators, MXT Transmitter and C.Scope Sondes.