The ETDR 10 has been designed for quick and accurate fault location and qualification of balanced telecommunication cables. The various measuring modes provide accurate location of discontinuities and errors like open circuit, wet section, loose contact etc.
ETDR 10 employs optimized pulsing and sampling methods, supported with advanced filtering and signal processing techniques, to reach the maximum measurement range and clean waveform for easier fault interpretation.
ETDR 10 is designed for ease-of-use. If you select the cable type from the on board cable library and set the measurement range covering the length of the cable to be tested, V/2, gain, pulse width, and the distance dependent compensation of cable attenuation are automatically set as default.
3 to 10 ns pulse widths for close-in resolution. Faults as near as 0.5 m from the pedestal can be easily located. 30 ns to 6 us pulse widths for the test of nonloaded cables.
330 us pulse width for the test of loaded cables Help facility with sample traces and useful topic related information.
PC program is provided for post processing and transfer of test results via USB port.
FOR BALANCED CABLES UP TO 32 km
- Easy to operate
- Small size, suitable for using in the field
- 100 memories for waveform and setting storage
- Cable library for standard and user defined cable types
- Unit adjustment between V/2 and VOP
- Automatic calculation of propagation velocity
- Special program for performing the yearly calibration
- Results can be transferred to PC via USB port
- Examination of live lines
- Comparison of two live lines
- Difference between two live lines
- Comparison of live line to memory
- Difference between live line and memory
- Location of crosstalk points
- Location of intermittent faults
- Clear waveform display of full trace for accurate diagnosis
- Zoom for detailed examination
- 320 x 240 dot color LCD display with backlight
- Selectable English, German or Russian languages