The new C.Scope MXL Locator is a high performance Locator specifically designed to detect, identify and trace specific buried pipes and cables reliably and accurately, even in the most congested areas. It is especially useful for those that wish to identify the route of a particular pipe or cable such as utility technicians of maintenance engineers.
Building on the key features of our CXL and DXL Cable Avoidance Tools, the MXL has the added benefit of three transmitter frequencies and the Signal Current Measurement feature that is a great aid to successful identification of specific pipes and cables.
Used alone, the MXL Locator offers high speed and accurate detection of most buried services. When used in conjunction with the MXT Transmitter and accessories, the MXL Locator becomes a high performance pipe and cable locating and tracing package that will allow long distance and highly selective tracing to be achieved. It is the ideal Locator for those who have to tackle multiple locating applications in the course of their work.
The C.Scope MXL Locator has four detecting modes, each with their own unique advantages:
The POWER mode is the quickest way to detect most buried electricity cables by detecting the signal created by the electrical current itself.
The RADIO mode detects re-radiated "radio" type signals that are often present on metal pipes and cables allowing their position to be determined using just the CXL alone.
The TRANSMITTER mode is used to detect the signal applied to a metal pipe or cable by the C.Scope MXT Transmitter. Three transmit frequencies are detectable; 33kHz, 8kHz or the ultra low 512Hz/640Hz signal. Each of these frequencies has their own advantages, adding to the versatility of the MXL Locator as an all round locating package. In addition the Transmitter mode can be used to detect the signal being transmitted by a C.Scope Sonde for non-metallic pipe tracing. In both instances the depth of the pipe or cable or Sonde can be displayed at the press of a button.
The brand new ALLSCAN mode detects ALL frequencies of signal from the lowest of the Power signals right up to and including 33kHz. This great all-in-one mode can detect unusual frequency signals often overlooked in the conventional Power, Radio and Generator modes and can often speed up the locating process with just one sweep of the site.
The MXL locator is available with Bluetooth connectivity to enable communication with mapping and data logging systems.
Built to industry leading IP65 Standard protecting against water and dust ingress.
- Powered by readily available batteries with a long running life.
- Designed to allow a complete spare pack of batteries to be carried at all times within the unit.
- Trigger operated On/Off switch. The MXL can never be accidentally left switched on.
- Large and simple to operate Sensitivity control that allows pipes and cables to be pinpointed quickly and easily.
- LCD display clearly shows clear and accurate 'peak' response when detecting.
- Automatic backlight activates in low light conditions.
- Powerful loudspeaker which can be extended to the ear in noisy environments.
- User replacable wear foot fitted to the base of the blade.
- Ideal for identifying the layout of a pipe or cable network.
- AllScan Mode allows for quick and accurate sweep of a site.
- Bluetooth Connectivity