Net.Shark is a FPGA based Tap with filtering capabilities, that connected in pass-through mode, is able to capure traffic at wire-speed. Packets are transmitted through two ports and traffic compliant with one of the filters is sent to Wireshark.
Wireshark is a network packet analyzer to examine communication network. Important features are: live packet data capture, display packets with very detailed protocol information, open/save data, import/export from/to other programs. It can search/filter data on many criteria. Wireshark is open source and probably the best packet analyzer available.
Features and Benefits
- World first hand-held, battery and 100% autonomous TAP
- Hardware (FPGA) performace
- Breaks out FDX traffic into separate streams to be dropped
- It may aggregates filtered traffic to one DROP port into a single output stream
- Traffic Regeneration
- Sixteen (16) simultaneous filters can be applied to the traffic.
- Ethernet source and destination MAC addresses
- Sselection of MAC address sets with masks
- Ethertype value with selection mask,
- VLAN-VID with selection mask,
- VLAN-CoS value with selection mask
- IP source, destination, and source-and-destination
- IP address group: subset of addresses filtered by masks
- Protocol encapsulated in the IP packet (TCP, UDP, Telnet, FTP, etc.)
- DSCP field, single value and range
- TCP/UDP port, single value and range
- Agnostics filters defined by 16 bits masks and user defined offset
- Lawful filter: 64 byte pattern match at any place in the frame payload.
- Any Wireshark user requiring GbE performance
- VoIP providers and installers
- R+D centers
- Law applications